Deeda Blair: Food, Flowers, & Fantasy
Author Deeda Blair, Edited by Deborah Needleman, Introduction by Andrew Solomon
Style icon and preeminent hostess Catherine “Deeda” Blair shares her inspirations for entertaining with understated elegance and distinction, accompanied by menus, recipes, table settings, and charming stories about her extraordinarily colorful life.
Deeda Blair is one of the last great American swans, revered by cult followers for her enduring beauty, fashion taste, and easy elegance. She embodies a sense of decorum and practices a relaxed, graceful etiquette that is much lauded but often missing from today’s soirées and gatherings.
An invitation to Blair’s New York home has been a rare privilege, but now, in her first book, Blair invites readers in and reveals how they too can develop their own uniquely personal style. Central to the narrative are six fantasy meals, each accompanied by a menu, recipes, table settings, and floral arrangements that are inspired by the people and places that have shaped Blair’s own inimitable and envied taste and style. Each meal is set in Blair’s exquisite home and is accompanied by photographer Ngoc Minh Ngo’s evocative images of the imaginative table settings Blair has created for her timeless dishes. Accompanying Blair’s coveted eighty recipes are personal anecdotes and helpful serving suggestions. Renowned design writer and tastemaker Deborah Needleman collaborated closely with Blair to capture her vision for entertaining with fantasy and enchantment, as well as her reflections on life and how her experiences have influenced the way she lives, works, and entertains.
Deeda Blair is a fashion icon and a philanthropist of science and medicine based in New York. Deborah Needleman is a writer, editor, and craftsperson. She currently contributes to the New York Times, the Financial Times, and Cabana magazine. Andrew Solomon is a writer, lecturer, activist, professor of clinical psychology at Columbia University, and a regular contributor to the New Yorker, NPR, and the New York Times Magazine.
- Format: Hardcover
- Category: Cooking - Entertaining
- Publisher: Rizzoli
- Trim Size: 8-1/2 x 12
- Pages: 256
- We ship from New York NY
- We process orders within 2-3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays)
Pre-ordered items are processed within 2-3 business days of arrival in stock.
- Successfully placed orders will receive an e-mail confirmation with the order details. If you do not receive an e-mail, please check your spam filter or contact us for confirmation.
- If you need any assistance with your order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
- We will not be able to make changes to your order after it has shipped
- Please review and ensure that you have entered the correct address. We are not responsible for non-delivery due to errors in the address that you provide. If an order is returned due to an incorrect address, we will refund the original order (excluding the shipping fee) and ask that you re-submit your order.